Wednesday, August 5, 2009

PREGNANCY EQUALS NO SHARING

I've learned a couple things after being on vacation this past week. The most important is that my tolerance for sharing has abruptly stopped. That means no longer waiting in turn with other family members for my share of the hot dogs and hamburgers. That also means feeling it necessary to write my name on food and feeling very hostile if anyone touches it-including my five year old nephew. Oh no, if you're around me, you better not touch ANYTHING I plan on eating. The effects will be one of two: 1.Meanness or 2. Meltdown. Hence when my husband found me crying hysterically in the bathroom a few days ago over some crab legs. What can say? I'M FRICKIN' HUNGRY.

Unfortunately when you aren't super huge, people tend to forget you're pregnant. They hand you a vacuum as if you're actually going to operate it. Or the heaviest grocery bag as if you're going to carry it somewhere. I hate to call attention to myself, but I'm getting to the point where I want a shirt that says: "I'm pregnant. I'm hungry. I'm tired. I'm useless to you. Now move." But, you can't really blame people. I think people feel inherently awkward around pregnant people. If I don't make demands, it will be another "bathroom crab night."

On the other hand, vacation was great, I got some sun, I have tan lines and now I have to go back to my ridiculous job. YAY reality. I'll post some pics soon-I do have a baby bump and it's kind of cute.

1 comment:

  1. you crack me up!

    You better come down in visit while you can still travel.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete