Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sleep Will Cure Anything

It occurred to me today that time is speeding by. I literally have 13 weeks left and since I'm most likely not going full term, I'd say ACTUALLY it's about 9ish. I am doing really well right now, so I'm hoping to go as long as possible. I do find I can't stand up for long periods because my legs turn into tree trunks. I don't have the typical foot/ankle swelling. It's more like my entire leg and then a teeny little foot at the end. I did however go up a shoe size. I seriously looked at some modern looking bedroom slippers at Payless yesterday and was tempted. They were so comfy. But totally inappropriate for the outside world.

My shower is this weekend and we are expecting some out of town guests. I am pumped to see my best girlfriend from FL and hang out with her. She is a great organizer and promises to not only hang out with me, but also get everything put away after the shower-BONUS! I did have an irrational moment earlier this week after noticing that four days before my shower next to nothing had been purchased. I laid in bed hyperventilating wondering how much stuff we were going to have to buy. Then I got ten hours of sleep last night and it was like nothing ever bothered me. Sleep is delicious.

The most frequently uttered comment as of late is "You're so small!" I guess I should feel complimented at the fact I'm not a giant cow. Don't worry, I'm sure that's just around the bend. I'm just happy I don't have fat face yet so all my baby shower pics will be pleasant. Speaking of fat, I am now able to ingest multiple sugary treats and chocolate. The trick is taking Zantac twice a day as a preventative and then I can basically eat whatever I want. But really I want only Twizzlers and sandwiches. Ironic.

My husband is the best, by the way. He is powering through my list of chores with no complaints. I'm so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment