Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall Is Here!

And so is all the craziness!! I must say this is our busiest time of year. We are inundated every weekend with weddings, visitors, parties, family reunions. You name it, it always seems to happen from the Sept-Dec window of time.

Now that the kiddies are getting older, it is easier and a little less frightening to travel. We have decided to resume our usual Christmas adventures and make a few stops this year. I am only worried about everything fitting in our car. We have not graduated to a minivan yet, so we are still using the car top carrier (which can hold a lot).

So both children are crawling and starting to be destructive. We already lowered both cribs after a few instances of them peeking over the edge of the crib and laughing at us. Ryan is an expert "army crawler" and is quite fast, I might add. Alaina is of course a dainty, precise crawler. We are starting to experience some teeth, so that joy should be on the horizon.

In other news work has been draining and mentally challenging. I recently got an interview that I was very excited about. After making it on to the next round of interviews I managed to absolutely BLOW it and not move on. I think I psyched myself out because I feel such an obligation to get a better paying job. It was such a great opportunity and while I usually am optimistic and good at letting things go, I haven't been able to stop thinking about this one yet. I find myself thinking about what I would have done differently every morning in the shower and how I wished I would have been more prepared. While I like to think everything happens for a reason, it would have been a huge relief to have gotten a better position and move on with my career. I am trying so hard to let it go, but I guess this one just really got me disappointed. I have now had three interviews in the last six months (pretty good considering the job market sucks), but not been able to close the deal.

I will take a deep breath and just hope something else comes along soon. You can hope that for me too. It helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment