Friday, February 5, 2010

A Very Merry Un-Birthday!

This post is WAYYYY late seeing as their "official" birthday was January 31st. Since we've had snow and a revolving door of recent help, I haven't been good with my blogging. I seriously thought being at home all day would make me a better blogger, but I was wrong. I guess it's like my journal writing habits. You start strong and then realize like six months later you haven't written anything in your pink pony glitter journal with the lock on the front.

So my children are officially to their due date. I mean, yeah they are really eight weeks old, but all the books I've been reading say to treat their due date as their true developmental age. I will boastfully claim my children are a little of both. They sleep and eat like newborns, but they are doing everything an eight week old would do. This gets a little confusing for mommy because she wants to put them on a schedule like an eight week old, but that is proving to be very difficult. We are getting better at the bedtime routine, but since they still wake up every three hours to be fed, it really doesn't matter where I put them to sleep! I am doing it mainly to make their brains correlate that crib=sleepy time.

So here are the squirts:

Miss Alaina is 6 lbs 13 oz (although probably more by now) And yes, she is looking so hard she is cross eyed-isn't it precious??

By the way, she has made it into her newborn clothes, so we are officially newborn size!












Here's Mr Throw Up. He has the newborn up-chuck syndrome. He keeps about half his bottle and shares the rest with everyone else. He is 6 lbs 11oz and was already in his newborn clothes like two weeks ago. Mainly because he has monkey arms and legs like daddy.



In other news I've finished the nursery and will be posting pics of that later. I finally got around to painting their names and putting up some stickers. We are staying in our jammies this weekend as the snow comes around again! Unfortunately I don't have any desire to put the kids out in the snow, so we may have to save snow bunny pics for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment