Friday, January 22, 2010

The Name Game & Gripe Water

I've run into an interesting issue with my baby girl's name. It has only happened at the doctor's office, but apparently no one can phonetically process Alaina. The problem is we thought long and hard about how we wanted to spell it. There are literally a million ways: Alayna, Alana, Elena, Elaina, etc. I liked her name beginning with an A as opposed to an E. But for some reason all nurses/doctors keep saying UH-LON-UH. First of all, it doesn't even remotely look that way. Either people are lazy or just afraid so they guess how to pronounce. I hope she realizes she will have to correct everyone-and she'll like it.

I also got recommended this weird stuff by my pediatrician called gripe water. I had never heard of it, but I suppose I wouldn't having had no children prior to now. It's an all natural remedy for colic/gas that has surprisingly positive results. I tried it on Ryan last night and it had good results. We are slowly trying to create a routine so they both understand night/day and maybe sleep more.


Here's our "going out" hoodies: Alaina is already throwing up the peace sign!





























And lastly, here's some bedtime buddies shots:

No comments:

Post a Comment