Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sleep Is Overrated

Oh sweet children, why do you torture your daddy and me? For whatever reason, this seems scarce:
And only for this guy. I refer to him as Tater Pants. Or Fussy Face. But his name should be "Confused About What Time Of Day It Is." Obviously I'm a new parent and it shouldn't seem weird to me that my child insists on staying up all night and sleeping all day. I have no clue how to amend this because my doctors orders are to let them sleep and wake them every three hours to eat. Unfortunately my son wants to eat all night. He literally lays there and looks around and then thrashes his binky like I've never fed him before. I guess I'll have to seek some advice from blogs or something about what to do. We've rocked him, put him in the swing, held him, nursed him (just me) and all to no avail. He simply prefers the night life.

Luckily sister has no problem sleeping. Here's me and her and me thinking: "Thank god you sleep all the time."

Of course I say that and she'll be up all night tonight.

In other news the twins are one month old! Can you believe it? I can't. They barely seem like they were just born much less been around for a month. Now granted half of that time was spent in the hospital and we've only had them for a couple of weeks. They are getting nice chubby hands and cheeks and next week at the doc we'll see what their weights are. Until then, I will continue to appreciate not working so that I can sleep during the day. Tonight it will surely be me and Club Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment